Grilled Eggplant SandwichesGrill Guide:
- Make the concasse, prepare the eggplant
- Assemble, grill, baste the eggplant sandwiches
- Toast the baguette slices
- Top the toasted baguette with eggplant and the tomato concasse
For the concasse, combine:
- 2 cups of tomatoes, seeded, diced
- 2 tbsp. thinly sliced, fresh basil leaves
- 2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 large eggplant (1 1/2 lb.)
- 4 oz. fresh mozzarella, sliced into half inch thick rounds
- 8 slices baguette, half inch thick, with olive oil and seasoned with salt
Pre heat grill to medium-high. Combine all ingredients for the concasse and set aside. Skin the eggplant, and slice into 1 1/2 inch rounds. Prepare eggplant pockets (take the individual slices and cut 3/4 of the way through to create pockets). Assemble sandwiches, inserting a round of mozzarella into each eggplant pocket. Brush one side of eggplant with olive oil, season with salt.
Grill eggplant, oiled side down, for about 3 minutes; meanwhile brush the top with oil and season with salt. Flip eggplant over and grill until cheese melts, about 3 minutes more.
As the eggplant cooks, toast baguette slices on the grill for 1-2 minutes per side. Remove eggplant and bread from the grill. To serve, place 2 baguette slices on each of 4 serving plates. Top with an eggplant pocket, then spoon tomato mixture on top.Source: Cuisine at Home: Weeknight Grilling
The FarmAbout Us | History | Awards
Tours | Location and Hours
Internships | Contact Us
Get LocalProduct Listing
Local Products We Carry
Wines | Whats In Season
Farmers' MarketsWhere to Find Us
2014 FestivalsLocation and Dates
Get Fresh & HealthyEating Fresh
Beef | Veggies | Eggs
CSAAbout CSA | CSA Application
CSA Pickup Locations
ConnectFacebook | Media
Ohio Farm Bureau | Links
Check out a recent article about the farm in Our Ohio.
Sirna's Facebook Wall
- LINK For all who attended the Raw Foods Workshop on Sunday: Did you check your email for the Watermelon Gazpacho recipe?! YUMMY :) 08/12/2014
- LINK We've made it to the finals. Let's keep the votes coming as Cleveland's Joe Crea taste tests for the best!!
NEO's Best Pizza: Day 1 of voting finds Angelo's of Lakewood in the lead, Geraci's of University...
Day 1 of The Finals is in the books, and a familiar name is in the lead our search for Northeast Ohio's favorite pizza. Angelo's of Lakewood, winner of the 2011 Plain Dealer/cleveland.com Pizza Playoffs, was atop the NEO's Best poll standings as of 6 a.m. today, gathering more than 25 percent of the… 08/12/2014
- LINK :P
19 Cows Who Don't Quite Have This Cow Thing Down
Ladies, it's time to cow up. 08/12/2014