Grilled Eggplant SandwichesGrill Guide:
- Make the concasse, prepare the eggplant
- Assemble, grill, baste the eggplant sandwiches
- Toast the baguette slices
- Top the toasted baguette with eggplant and the tomato concasse
For the concasse, combine:
- 2 cups of tomatoes, seeded, diced
- 2 tbsp. thinly sliced, fresh basil leaves
- 2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 large eggplant (1 1/2 lb.)
- 4 oz. fresh mozzarella, sliced into half inch thick rounds
- 8 slices baguette, half inch thick, with olive oil and seasoned with salt
Pre heat grill to medium-high. Combine all ingredients for the concasse and set aside. Skin the eggplant, and slice into 1 1/2 inch rounds. Prepare eggplant pockets (take the individual slices and cut 3/4 of the way through to create pockets). Assemble sandwiches, inserting a round of mozzarella into each eggplant pocket. Brush one side of eggplant with olive oil, season with salt.
Grill eggplant, oiled side down, for about 3 minutes; meanwhile brush the top with oil and season with salt. Flip eggplant over and grill until cheese melts, about 3 minutes more.
As the eggplant cooks, toast baguette slices on the grill for 1-2 minutes per side. Remove eggplant and bread from the grill. To serve, place 2 baguette slices on each of 4 serving plates. Top with an eggplant pocket, then spoon tomato mixture on top.Source: Cuisine at Home: Weeknight Grilling
The FarmAbout Us | History | Awards
Tours | Location and Hours
Internships | Contact Us
Get LocalProduct Listing
Local Products We Carry
Wines | Whats In Season
Farmers' MarketsWhere to Find Us
2014 FestivalsLocation and Dates
Get Fresh & HealthyEating Fresh
Beef | Veggies | Eggs
CSAAbout CSA | CSA Application
CSA Pickup Locations
ConnectFacebook | Media
Ohio Farm Bureau | Links
Check out a recent article about the farm in Our Ohio.
Sirna's Facebook Wall
- LINK Too funny.
So this is how it's really done... 04/20/2014
- LINK #local is the way to be in #cle! Be careful with valuing 'organic' too highly, however.... Because small farms like ourselves aren't ceritified but are just as sustainable! Why is local THE most important? 'cause when you friend a farmer, you can actually talk to the farmer and ask questions..... Can you do that at the supermarket?
10 Great Reasons Why Local, Organic Food is the Best Choice for Everyone
While there are many reasons (and a great deal of literature out there!) to chose local, organic food, read on for a list of 10 compelling reasons why you should stop by your local farmer’s market more often. 04/19/2014
- LINK Sending out MORE postcards, and finding so many notes and doodles. Just want to say, I love our CSAers! Can't wait for a great season :) (.....also in store today is dropping off more applications at Healthy Pursuit Wellness Center, one our our new CSA locations in Middlefield!)