Grilled Eggplant SandwichesGrill Guide:
- Make the concasse, prepare the eggplant
- Assemble, grill, baste the eggplant sandwiches
- Toast the baguette slices
- Top the toasted baguette with eggplant and the tomato concasse
For the concasse, combine:
- 2 cups of tomatoes, seeded, diced
- 2 tbsp. thinly sliced, fresh basil leaves
- 2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 large eggplant (1 1/2 lb.)
- 4 oz. fresh mozzarella, sliced into half inch thick rounds
- 8 slices baguette, half inch thick, with olive oil and seasoned with salt
Pre heat grill to medium-high. Combine all ingredients for the concasse and set aside. Skin the eggplant, and slice into 1 1/2 inch rounds. Prepare eggplant pockets (take the individual slices and cut 3/4 of the way through to create pockets). Assemble sandwiches, inserting a round of mozzarella into each eggplant pocket. Brush one side of eggplant with olive oil, season with salt.
Grill eggplant, oiled side down, for about 3 minutes; meanwhile brush the top with oil and season with salt. Flip eggplant over and grill until cheese melts, about 3 minutes more.
As the eggplant cooks, toast baguette slices on the grill for 1-2 minutes per side. Remove eggplant and bread from the grill. To serve, place 2 baguette slices on each of 4 serving plates. Top with an eggplant pocket, then spoon tomato mixture on top.Source: Cuisine at Home: Weeknight Grilling
The FarmAbout Us | History | Awards
Tours | Location and Hours
Internships | Contact Us
Get LocalProduct Listing
Local Products We Carry
Wines | Whats In Season
Farmers' MarketsWhere to Find Us
2014 FestivalsLocation and Dates
Get Fresh & HealthyEating Fresh
Beef | Veggies | Eggs
CSAAbout CSA | CSA Application
CSA Pickup Locations
ConnectFacebook | Media
Ohio Farm Bureau | Links
Check out a recent article about the farm in Our Ohio.
Sirna's Facebook Wall
- LINK And don't forget.....WE ARE OPEN TOMORROW AT THE FARM FOR HOLIDAY SHOPPING
Final orders for Thanksgiving sweets and sides are due by tomorrow, Saturday at 2 PM!! Give hungry bee a buzz to place your order 216.925.2515 11/21/2014
- LINK Looking for an afternoon pick me up? Try this wholesome and festive snack using Sirna's Farm Inc. Natural Nut Butters........Do you know what makes our homemade nut butters different from others?
- LINK We always love seeing our local business pals, supporting more local! Awesome to see Kim on Fox 8! Remember folks, stay #local this season....for dinner, gifts & more !
Fox 8 this morning! 11/19/2014